View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwillows View Post
N and I's relationship never really took off however and it remains just sex, and all on his terms.
What happens when you try to set the terms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwillows View Post
I am trying to accept this but since I have had a crush on him for years, it's hard. He never opened up and doesn't talk about relationship stuff at all with me and can be distant. From what I have heard from K, that's just how he is, but it's frustrating still.
I think I need to take a step back and evaluate whether it is worth the potential pain and aggravation of continuing to be someone else's first foray into open/poly relationships when they can't even figure out their primary one.
The "relationship broken, add people" thing isn't a promising start for them, but it doesn't mean an automatic failure. On the other hand, if you're not getting what you need from your relationship with N and he's not willing to work with you to increase the chance of you getting it, is it really worth sticking around just because you used to have a crush on him? By the sound of it the pain and aggravation aren't the result of being his first poly girlfriend but rather because that's just how he is.