View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
OK, that's good information. So if you're not going to be happy doing it, why do it?

If you have something that is really important to you (as it sounds like this is), why are you giving that up? Is your relationship with this person so important to you that you are willing to give that up?
At this time, yeah I guess I am willing to give it up. Maybe in the hope that time will be my friend. Sometimes people need time for things to take hold and then they can gradually accept them. I'm not sure if that will be the case, but it's also worth a try. I will continue to try an educate on the subject and bring awareness.

Also, there are financial reasons. Right now I'm working full time and working on my PhD full time. Living with my partner makes going to school without the burden of loans a possible feat. Even though I want something really badly, I have to look at the big picture and be practical.

No, I cannot have a text book polyamorous relationship at this current time, but I can still see my special friend when opportunity allows and I guess that's better than nothing.

In time, I may grow to hate this arrangement, but right now, it's my only practical option, until I get fed up and decide that I want and deserve more.