View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM

Oof, reading the stories of people in situations similar to mine can be rough! If they're getting "more" I feel vaguely envious, if they're getting "less" I feel vaguely indignant for them.

Feeling the need to reflect on the positive. Here are a few of the things I love about my relationship with Gia:

- We're out to all of our friends, unconditionally. We show each other all sorts of public affection and she's not in the least afraid to show her feelings for me. Tonight she had a small get together at her place. Several friends were already there by the time I arrived. She spotted me through the window as I walked up and she started waving madly and going "Yay, Anna, yay!" All I could do was grin.

- Friends are one thing, but she came out to her parents about being with me, despite the fact that they can be judgmental. She also came out to some of her co-workers -- basically, anyone with whom she wants to have real, authentic communication knows about us.

- She started a tumblr blog of her own and shared it with me. Like mine, it largely serves to catalogue images and ideas that turn her on. We each follow the other's blog, and it's like having a window directly into one another's libidos. It's an easy, clear, fun, and super hot way to get a better understanding of our sexualities. Which, it turns out, are compatible in some extremely exciting ways.

- If she feels jealousy, she's managed never to let it show in her actions. She's not weird in the least about any of my interactions with Eric, even though I told her that I love him and I enthusiastically enjoy sex with him. She's encouraging about my relationship with Davis. She didn't blink an eye at Harry or any of my other more casual flings.

I could, of course, go on, but I've gotta sleep!