View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:00 AM

I should not invite someone that did not make me happy back into a serious part of my life.

I should not invite someone that did not make me happy back into a serious part of my life.

Ever since I announced the trip, Fiona has been texting/facebooking me like crazy. I keep having to remind myself not to encourage too much intimacy because I don't want/can't deal with all the crap I had to deal with when my relationship with her was confusing. We are friends - ish right now. We've only talked, like, 2-3 times since I moved and I do not want to let myself get all caught up in the loop of "well, what did she mean when she said/did this?" kind of thing like I used to do.

I wrote her a letter detailing what I would need to happen for her and I to have the same sort of romantic-like relationship that we used to have. I don't know if I'm going to send it to her or if just getting my past frustrations out on paper was enough, but it did help ground me and remind me of WHY I didn't fight harder to make a LDR happen. While I care for her, a lot, her life isn't really compatible with what I want/need. I'm thinking it's easier to let bygones be bygones and leave the letter unsent, but we'll see how crazy I get in the next week or so.

I just focus way too much on things that I should just let go. Something I most definitely need to work on.