View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantHeart View Post
Now the pagan group we are involved in is very eclectic and they are very internally pleased that unlike most groups that tend to be dominated by singles and weighted towards female membership,
Where did you get this idea? There doesn't seem to be any particular tendency toward group demographics as far as I can tell. There also doesn't appear to be any research into such things. Why would you claim this?

Quote:
This group is awesome and devoid of the usual drama and pagan politics that generally plague most groups and bring about their downfall.
And why would you make this claim? Most groups are plagued with drama and politics that bring about their downfall? Um...how many groups do you actually know about?

Quote:
For those of you who are openly Poly, how do your pagan families accept your love dynamic? Are they blindly accepting? Exuberantly happy to have you? Do other couples shy away because they fear that you might take their man/woman? Iím just curious . . .
Many folks in our congregation are poly (it's an entirely Pagan congregation). Those who aren't don't seem to have any problems with those who are. In the same fashion that we don't worry about anybody's gender or color or height or weight or orientation, we don't worry about how many people somebody else in the congregation loves.

Quote:
Most pagans talk of free love,
Um...says who? That certainly doesn't match my experiences, either online or in meatspace.

Quote:
As pagans we examine the duality of deity and the Universe.
I don't know of any Pagan traditions that embrace duality. I know many embrace polarity--and that's something different. There are also many Pagans who don't.

Claiming a generalization about Pagans is actually quite difficult, as the term "Pagan" applies to many very different religions. It would be akin to making many generalizations about polyfolk....

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.