Thread: Jealousy
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:00 AM

Default Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollface View Post
Like I said before I'm not normally a jealous person, but I am very competitive...
Many people are competitive, however I suspect that there are not a great number of successful poly relationships involving competitive people. That is not to say that it isn't possible, just that I suggest making that a central priority (getting beyond it, that is).

Poly, to me, is about embracing love, cherishing loved ones, letting relationships bloom, and letting relationships go when it is time to let them go. It's about watching my lover fall in love with someone they met and encouraging them, listening to their stories, and relishing in how much they are enamored with them. Poly differs from mono, for me, in that it focuses on experiencing love, not trying to contain it.

In short, I suggest getting over that competitive shit - it'll be the death of any relationship I would consider healthy

Also, I don't know how to say this without being rude but is English your first language? If so, I strongly suggest Googling "sentence structure" and "punctuation".