1.The exercise of authority or power in a burdensom, cruel or unjust manner.
2. an act or instance of oppressing.
3.The state of being oppressed.
4. The feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, anxiety, etc.
1. to burden with cruel or unjust impositions or restraints; subject to a burdensome or harsh exercise of authority or power: a people oppressed by totalitarianism.
2. to lie heavily upon (the mind, a person, etc.): Care and sorrow oppressed them.
3. to weigh down, as sleep or weariness does.
4. Archaic. to put down; subdue or suppress.
5. Archaic. to press upon or against; crush.
The word "polyamory" is based on the Greek and Latin for "many loves" (literally, poly many + amore love). A polyamorous relationship is a romantic relationship that involves more than two people.
For the sake of clearing up confusion I put definitions on here of the two words. I don't personally care how a person defines a word in their life-but in order to discuss anything in productive conversation we need to have a common understanding of meaning.
Please share how you feel that you have been or are oppressed in your life due to being involved in polyamory.