View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Feeling hopeful and positive. A neighbor of mine who knows a lot about all my trials and tribulations in dealing with my divorce, finances, and job searching, came in to where I work yesterday. I started this job about three weeks ago, and she had stopped in a few days ago as well, and we had chatted briefly that day. Anyway, yesterday she said, "You look great! I haven't seen you smile in so long." She said she even told a mutual friend of ours that she saw me and that I finally looked happy. Even though it's just a crappy, low-paying, part-time job, it has made a difference in my outlook. I think just having somewhere to go, feeling useful, and connecting with people several times a week, is part of why so many men have been interested in me lately. It's true, I wasn't smiling for a long time. And I got my first paycheck yesterday - it wasn't as bad as I expected.

I still need to find more work in order to support myself, but she really made my day by telling me that.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/