View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDangerously View Post
Wow... This entire concept is soooo very unfair, controlling, and sexist... Not to mention the personal insecurities that it just screams about!!
I think it has a lot to do with personal insecurites, but I disagree with you that the rest necessarily follows. If everyone is perfectly happy with this rule in place, then it's most certainly not inherently unfair, no more than monogamy is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDangerously View Post
And this is not a rule a truly poly person would even consider -- swinger or typical insecure & controlling male type more likely...
I strongly disagree with you on this one. For one, the definition of "true poly" is a very dangerous thing to try to nail down - it might not conform to YOUR ideas of what poly is, but I think we have to be careful of trying to speak for the entire poly community, and to imply that something that everyone involved may well be happy with isn't "true poly".

I don't like OPPs, and don't have one myself, but to say that those that have them aren't "poly enough" is pretty offensive.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb