View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepop View Post
I have a problem with one of my girlfriend's potential play partners.

He's flaky, messes her about, messes with her head by being all intense and delicious, then disappearing. I've seen her upset over him so many times. I truly cannot stand the guy.

My lady knows my feelings, but knows I would never, ever veto the spineless little sap...

What's really going on in my head though?

Yes, a big part is "I think he's a bit of an idiot, I don't like to see her hurt and I'd selfishly prefer it if I could like the guy".

What is that tiny bit in the back of my mind? That tiny, tiny truth? "She's intoxicated with him. I'm scared of that."
I have one other perspective on this. Could it be, just a thought (I don't know anything for sure), could there be an element of 'If she's dating a jerk that makes me all the more appealing?'

Like in competition mode, if for some reason she should have to choose, she'd still choose me because I'm clearly better than him.?

Much more lizard brain, obviously not the loftier ideals and beliefs about who we can be.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)