View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 AM

If I'd remembered your pasts posts and that "Specifically, Q had affairs over an extended period of time." I would've said knowing as much as you want to know might not be beneficial to your partner's happiness, but it would be important to your well being, and my opinion would've been that your comfort level was more important due to the surrounding circumstances. If D is somebody she was involved with before less than ethically, I imagine you'd have gotten much different advice.

It should be interesting trying to practice informed consent in this particular situation, and I am curious how that will work out for you. I do think if my partner had been less than honest with me I'd insist on more strict agreements myself. Most people rebel against strictness, so I don't know if it pays off, sadly there's a hard time balancing both people's comfort/safety/trust in situations like that. I wish you the best of luck.