View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM

Wow...situation with brother has gotten pretty bad. Hard to say if there is a positive place for our relationship in the future or not.

I do think America is pretty sexually repressed, but I am grateful for the amount of freedom we generally have otherwise. I just have never seen the sense in judging how people explore their bodies, I just don't.

Noob, I am getting to that point with my brother. I want his support, but I recently told him I don't require it. I hope somehow he will think of Y, E, and me as friends again but he's hurting pretty badly right now.

Nycindie, as much as I understand your reaction my brother is a person I have many memories with. I will not lightly throw those away. I at least want to see this through to see if there is any hope of him coming to terms with this situation. I probably will find out within the month...and if we have to agree that he cannot fathom how I am okay with this "sick and twisted immorality", then he will have to deal that I thoroughly disagree with him.

The situation has gone from bad to worse. I daresay he's traumatized by all of this and is having the hardest time coping. I'm trying to look into some more therapy for him because he is just operating off of raw emotion now. Still, to hear him say how "sick and immoral" I'm being has been pretty painful. He also strongly thinks I've abandoned him somehow....he's VERY warped out over that. I never withdrew my support or my willingness to love my brother. He seemingly has threatened to withdraw some of his love, imho. I did ask him if he could go home once when he was playing video games all night four nights in a row because I did want some alone time with E, so now my brother is using this as an excuse to justify that I am forcing my him out of my life over poly. He's blowing it up way out of proportion in regards to the actual offense it's silly. Besides he really has no business being at my place that much, he's not our room mate.

My brother is still rather convinced that I chose this lifestyle out of some mental dellusion, some schizo-frenzy, whatever. That this isn't "the real sister" he knows and loves. Jesus Christ, does he even know me....? This is ridiculous. You guys have seen my posts. I don't think I appear that crazy or dellusional to you guys, and I feel I have come to my decisions on relatively decent rationale. Wish he would see it that way.