View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 AM

Fly has been giving me some ERI lately. He travels a lot for a sport he participates in, and he's pretty non-communicative while out of town. He's learned, though, that it makes me feel really good to know that he's thinking of me while he's gone, so this weekend while he was away he made a point to text me how he was doing, just check in with me and keep in touch every day. It's against his nature, but he does it because it means so much to me.

A lot of our ERI happens when we make plans together. It took us a long time to get to the point where we could feel that we have a future together. Now, to do things like plant apple trees that won't get fruit for a couple years is a real leap of faith, and a declaration that we'll be eating apples together at some point ahead of us.

We do all the regular stuff, like having regular date nights and that kind of thing, but it's the quiet moments when we're just living together and being in the present with each other, that's when I think my heart might burst and splatter gooey sticky love all over the place.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo