View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:29 PM

Husband and I had a long and good talk yesterday and it turns out it's more about emotional jealousy for him after all so very confusing!

His relationship with his girlfriend (they're together 1 year) has hit a bit of a rough spot. He feels lonely in his relationship with her, and the way he expressed it yesterday, his loneliness grows when I have more connections. He is simply feeling overwhelmed and feels like we are not connected the way we used to be.

I think the bruises were just a symbol and therefore the trigger... I did not understand his very strong reaction to the bruises, but I DO understand when he talks about loneliness, missing me, needing something from me (more time, more attention).

meanwhile, my lover (the bruise-giver - that sounds weird but ah well) has asked for a date next week. As much as I would like to see him, I think it will be best if I say no and we wait a couple of weeks or even months before we see each other again. Right now I need to focus on my husbands needs, and then there's my boyfriends C.'s needs, and oh yes, I need some me-time too
I actually feel very good about the fact that even though I'm sorry to have to say no to the date, I know it's the right thing to do and it makes me feel strong.

So in the end, this was a very valuable week, even though there was a lot of sadness and hurt.