Thread: Torn
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM

I'm the hinge of a vee, with two men who are very good friends. I was with FBF for about two years, broke up with him, started dating CBF, have been with him for about 7 years now. Last December, FBF and I found out we still wanted to be together, and CBF was all for it. [<- reader's digest condensed version]

FBF is intensely introverted, and private, and loves to be alone most of the time. CBF is very likely ADHD. He rarely remembers when I tell him that I'm going to see FBF) who is moderately long distance. So he often calls. FBF takes this with quite a bit of grace. When I went to Vegas with FBF, we had a phone call where we both talked with CBF, directly and from the background. It was a long, cheerful call; reminding of times when we've all hung out together in the past. Three of us have not been together since we've started this poly vee thing.

When I'm with one, I almost always think of the other. A lot because I'm in love with both of them; and a lot because I'm so happy they are both okay with this. (or they seem to be...)

Recently I had the first time I was with CBF, at his mom's for dinner, and FBF called. (Mom knows the whole history, but not about the vee)(I'm fairly certain she doesn't) It was a little nerve-wracking for me, but nobody seemed to notice or care, and nobody has had any trouble about it since.

I relate to your challenge in feeling forgotten, daily. Mostly, I try to distract myself with my life. I try to remember they wouldn't be with me if they didn't want to (these men don't do much that they don't want to).
Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own...
Robert A. Heinlein

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)