View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite View Post
Hi, I came out to my hubby (I say hubby because we are not married but we do live together and have been together for 5 yrs and have children together) in March. He was on a roller coaster as well. He still holds pretty strong that he is mono which is fine by me. I know how you feel. I never wanted to hurt anyone. Our communication has improved greatly though since I told him. I am glad that I told him. I still feel like I am a poly person and always have been.......just been beating myself up for it because society teaches you that monogamy is the normal thing.
I have been with my husband for 6 years (married for 2.5) and we have 2 children together. I feel the same way you just described... it's even harder because I've known this my whole life, just never been able to express it, so mentally I am ready but I know he may not be mentally ready for quite some time or even ever. It's very hard to supress a part of you that you want to be able to express.

Right now I am just trying to communicate, communicate, communicate, as I am sure you are too. I shouldn't feel guilty for being me but I still do...