View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Interestingly enough, I had intended to start a similar thread - more based on the above quote. Because I think (if I'm reading LR right) this was her intention to express. Despite what she said, what examples she may have chose to use, what words etc, I THINK I got her message ?
And I think it's an important one !
Yes-and GS I apologize (to everyone really) if it was hard to understand. I'm medicated and in a LOT of pain right now. I actually told Maca-"wow I am not clearheaded enough for this right now" but I couldn't NOT say something. It's not MY nature.

Quote:
Especially in a public forum.
We're all here to learn from and help each other - subscribers & visitors alike.
And it's a given that no group of people are all going to agree all the time - especially on complex topics. That's ok.
Absolutely. There are a number of things that leave me with eyebrow raised on here. But those things also get me thinking. If I have questions I ask. I DO get that Ceoli felt the need to defend against marginalization. I don't know exactly what the other person (whose login I can't recall started with a J I think) had as a purpose. But the point I wanted to make is it CAN be done with love and compassion. Not JUST logic.

Quote:
But I think sometimes it's just enough to say "Ok - let's agree to disagree"
And smile at each other. And let it go. We can all get the concept that there may be other possibilities in the world and are totally free to pursue those at our leisure.
Maybe we ALL can't? I have to admit to wondering sometimes if some people just can't grasp that...Not just HERE, just generally I admit I sometimes wonder.

Quote:
I guess I just think that there's a kinder, gentler way to navigate in the world and that if we put that first on our agenda - everyone gains.
Bold and underlines by me-THAT is exactly what I was saying.

Quote:
I hate to see conversations take turns like some of these have. It really isn't necessary. I see the potential and have seen it a bazillions time before. I try to head it off when I see it coming (and got myself in deep do-do here for it).
But maybe this is the "good" that came of it.
A reminder to us all to be a little kinder,gentler, a little more empathetic.
As I think I mentioned to someone......passion and strong ideologies are double edged blades. They truly cut both ways
Bold, underline and italics added by me.

Thanks for the help GS. I needed help trying to communicate MY thoughts!