View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:06 PM

I'm guessing I couldn't do LDR unless there was a lot of communication, or it had already been a local relationship. Previous posters have asked good questions - just what would make you feel like you could know him enough to be comfortable? If you think it is too good to be true, is there a way to do a easy background check on somebody not local? (If he is a Doctor, there should be SOME searchable information on him (admit I'm having trouble myself finding that info for Brazilian Dr's), I tend to get suspicious so I would probably seek it out and look for inconsistencies before he was back in town, if anything looked fishy I wouldn't roll the dice.)

As for safe sex - well if I couldn't trust my ex-husband of 12 years, I figure I can't trust anybody. Condoms for sex and oral sex is my routine for non long term relationships, and as awesome as it is, I don't mind forgoing oral sex until I feel I've known somebody long enough time to get a sense of who they are and what other relationships they are in, whether that's 6 months or never. There is nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution, and anybody worth having a relationship with wont be pissy you wont throw caution and common sense to the wind.

I too think if I had a spark with somebody, was comfy with casual, and it was going to be 2-12 times a year when they were in town, I'd still feel safe enough with my current safe sex rules to stick with them and go for it.