Thread: Villo and Skyla
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 AM

Default Villo and Skyla

I wanted to take some time to talk about more journey and exploration. Over the last year my wife, Skyla, and I discovered our mutual interest in the bdsm world. Through this she met a man who she connects and plays with in that realm. During her time with him she discovered that she really liked him and had a crush on him. Now we have been married for just about three years. We have a great relationship and our communication with each other is constant. A few months back Skyla informed me that she might be interested in being in a romantic relationship with this other man. Much like the stories of most, I was taken back, became defensive, and put a wall to protect what I thought was a threat to our relationship. This went on for a while as I processed everything and we talked about everything to do about these new feelings.

This is also when I found this forum. I explored every article on jealousy and mono/poly relationships. I am a hound for information. A few weeks ago I found this article and it spoke to me immensely. It spoke to me in such a way and finally it clicked that through all my anger and worry, my wife was truly not going to leave me for someone else. She truly is a loving person and wants to share that with others. I have finally accepted that for her this might be everything that shes been missing in life. I don't believe that I am interested in practicing poly at this time. But I am interested in our marriage being open and exploring sexual freedom. I'm anxious to see where this journey goes. I think that with being open and honest and talking about all of our feelings, we can have a such a fun and different life with each other and with others. Before I ramble I am done! Thank you all.

ps. as I re-read this to myself, it sounds so trivial and quick. But this has been a long year