View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 05:23 PM

I've come back to this thread to give credit to a question that underlies all of this and not hijack LR's thread. One last shot. LOL!

Here was the point I was trying to make.

A person who is inherently monogamous or wired monogamously has no desire to open up. This is not to be confused with a person who is just in a monogamous relationship because they have only found one love so far. That person may have a desire or acceptance to open up.

So, when viewing information on how to "open up" the information is perceived as a threat to what the truly monogamous person wants in their life. It is not seen as enlightening or positive because it goes against their nature and threatens the world they know.

Same words, same pages, but the information is received differently. The forecast of a warm dry summer could be perceived as the best thing in the world to a sun bather…but to a farmer the same forecast might be viewed as the worst thing as it could spell disaster to what he knows and loves…his crops.

That is all I was trying to say Ygirl…sorry if it sounded confusing or divisive..but there is a difference…no sense denying that. We just need to accept it and work with that.

More peace and more Love
Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over