View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
In an ideal polyamorous configuration, any child that resulted from coitus between the woman and any of her men would be raised as the group's child, taken care of, financially supported. Whether it was this or that man's semen that cause the pregnancy wouldn't matter one bit. The love and connection of the adults involved would trump whose sperm cause the conception.

This is an interesting concept, but I don't think it could work in reality. As much as I love my girl, and also support her need to have another man in her life, I don't think I could consent to her having his child. She lives with me, and therefore the day to day love and care that child would need, would be down to us. I do love and care for a boy who is not biologically mine already, and I do treat, and love him as my own Son. I feel that what your suggesting is different though. I wonder how common it is?

My girl has expressed a desire to have another child within two or three years, and it does mean a lot to me also. I guess it will be up to her to decide which one of us she wants to impregnate her. It is something we have talked about and she has told me that she would only want a child with me. It's a while off though, so we will cross that bridge when we come to it.