View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:02 AM

Default Revelatory

I had a bit of a revelation while I was out walking this evening. This is something I really struggle with: my faith and my sexuality. I was not raised to be poly. Well, I wasn't raised to be anything, really. But I found my faith in Jesus when I was 15 and have been learning and growing and struggling and stumbling along the way. One of the things that was said to me once was that I was a 'David'. David was a man after God's own heart. So it says in the Bible. And David had multiple wives, concubines, etc. He loved the Lord God with all his heart and sang songs, wrote poetry to God. He committed adultery. He broke one of the Commandments. Yet even after that, he was considered a man after God's own heart.
Well. I am a singer, I sing and write poetry to God. I have danced before Him and felt like He was right there with me. I love Him; I have a relationship with Him. I have committed adultery before. Not proud of it. Now I choose to be honest with my feelings and desires even if it is hard. And I am in love with two men. Two amazing men who love me. I still don't know how that fits in with my personal faith and relationship with the Lord, but what I do know is He won't stop loving me even if I do something the 'church' thinks is wrong.