View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
But...I'm just pointing out that she apparently had some grounds for being nervous about me. I think it's always a threat when the person you love is seeing someone else. No matter what arrangement you have, your person can and will leave you if they just find themselves happy with another person.

Ahh, so crazy.
Exactly that!

You don't have to be in a poly relationship for your significant other to leave you for another person!

Redpepper said it best in another thread, Veto's come from fear and insecurity.

My boyfriend did say those things and he meant them. But it didn't mean that he was going to act on them. And I never once tried to 'supplant' his SO like she may have assumed I was doing. I believe that people have the right to choose who they wish to spend their time with, it cannot be forced or contrived.

At the end of the day, I can hold my head high to say that I never once played any games nor did I do anything underhanded or disrespectful to their relationship. And if one day I end up Veto'd due to an insecurity or fear on her part, I will still be able to respect myself and the decisions I made.

You will do the same.