View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 PM

Default Whats the right thing?

I'll make a long story short here.
A few years ago we began hanging out with another couple, they were swingers and they knew we were poly.
As we spent more time with them it became obvious we all had feelings for each other.
The guys were just good friends, no guy guy contact the girls on the otherhand would play from time to time.
Along the way the male of the other couple, even though being very much in love with my wife, would become very possessive of his wife.
Normally not caring about my feelings or my wifes until he came down from his jealous fit.
We all along have off and on swapped wives, she would stay a couple days with me then we would all be back together on sat and sun.
In this time my wife spent the time with him.
Sometimes things went nice and smooth other times, he would be very possessive, controlling and jealous.
This was not an issue for the first 6 months. During this 6 month period we all discussed everything and gave all involved "permission" to let our feelings go and "fall in love".
He now wants to break it all off and be just friends.
My wife loves him, I love his wife.
But he wants her (his wife) to be solely his.
This is devastating to us.
We didn't completely let the feelings manifest themselves until all agreed it was fine to do so.
I personally feel very betrayed as does his wife. My wife just seems numb.

What do we do? Am I wrong feeling betrayed?