View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Why don't we teach GOOD communication skills and conflict management in school? We just do what we grew up seeing and can't comprehend how others can respond differently than, say our parents did. It took me until I was 40 to figure this out and am playing catch up to try and teach my kids some new skills before they wreak havoc on the rest of the world in a year or two.
Hm, interesting that you mention communication as a subject. Was just discussing this bit with a fellow student and both of us mentioned how beneficial all those lessons are, we need to spend on communication, rules for debating a subject, possibilities to make a point in a discussion and so on in our Philosophy classes It's becoming a obligatory subject slowly around here and I definitely think it is necessary as well.

To not derail the purpose of the thread: I am doing fine, we just spend some hours discussion possible names for the future child and my men are nuts ... they want to name him (if it becomes a boy, we already have two names for girls) James Tiberius ... honestly, how geeky can fathers possibly be? I am afraid that they won't have a say in this matter if they keep at it like that

My Blog