View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelyunicorn View Post
So, to me open relationships are the best of both worlds. And, I do feel a little bit like a fish out of water around people walking around with wedding bands. Not really a turn on in bed!
That's funny.. I once dated a guy who always wanted me to wear my wedding ring when we had sex... His roommate and friends didn't know I was married (rather religious group would have judged both me and him) so I didn't normally wear it around him (well, I didn't wear it often anyway, but I made a point to not wear it then) but he would often request it when we went to the bedroom. He said it made it feel like sneaking around or whatever even though it wasn't. It kind of amused me.

I also know a lot of people who don't wear wedding bands - both swingers, poly, and otherwise. I don't like wearing jewelry so I only wear mine when the diamonds will accent my outfit.

I think it would probably be hard to get a group of people who are in your kind of open relationships to form a group. Since there isn't an emphasis on a primary or live-in relationship, it would seem to be a singles group. I don't think I've ever met anyone IRL who doesn't have the desire to live with at least one partner at some point.