View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjm View Post
4) I want to be able to pursue relationships with other women (sorry guys, I've looked, I've considered, it just ain't my thing.) It would be great if she wants to pursue these relationships with me.
Is your wife bisexual, or has she at least ever expressed interest in women at all? Or am I possibly misreading "with me?"

Asking your wife to get into three-way relationships with someone else, when she's not even interested in women, is a great way to shut down the whole topic before you even get started. Even if she is interested in women, you run the risk of making her feel like a piece of meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
She'll probably assume? Stop expecting her to mind reader you. Just spit it OUT.
Agreed. Even if she's intelligent, you're asking her to make a huge leap of understanding here. Even if she's heard of poly before, she probably hasn't considered it. It's one of those situations where people really don't want to hear something, so they'll go out of their way not to hear it even when you're explicit. So being implicit obviously makes that leap even more difficult. Plus, to me that would feel like a lack of sympathy, like you can't grow the balls to say it yourself, so you're making her ask...

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."