Thread: Hello.
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casablanca View Post
I had a really rough couple of days and cried a lot when I realised theory and practice were a little different from one another. What had seemed so simple and rational in fact released great and uncontrollable emotions in me. It was surprising.

My feelings for a few days were stronger than my optimism.

We talked some more and rewrote some ground rules. More double checking and clarity was required. I rearranged the furniture in my head and we seem to be okay for the moment.

The envy is purely and simply that I recognise, and have very nostalgic memories of, the depth of new love feeling. I'd dearly love to know them again. I'm happy that she's feeling them. I love it that she is so happy. I just regret that I am unlikely ever to feel them again. That's what I mean by envious.
This totally caught my emotions this morning. Theory and practice ARE two different things. Often times, the latter is more difficult. I feel for you. I guess I am there, considering I know that the object of my affections is also seeing someone(or two) other than myself. I am not so much jealous but envious of the time he spends with others.

I find that you get the strength not from your partner but from within your very self. That may sound like generic advice, but it rings true to me to this day. I hope this forum does help you as much as it is helping me. I'm still discovering things myself. All we can ever do really is to keep trying.

Looking forward to more of your posts. Update us!