1) Define "polyamory" in a sentence or phrase.
Loving or caring deeply for more than one person
2) Give us a quick snapshot of yourself. Whatever you want to share in a few sentences, including whether or not you ID as poly.
I am a poly straight married 38 yo mother of 3 boys. I work in veterinary medicine.
3) How many partners/lovers do you currently have if any? Tell us their names/pseudonyms and one or two things about them, including their role in your life (occasional fuckbuddy, spouse, romantic-but-not-sexual LDR, etc) and whether or not they have any contact or relationship with each other. Have you ever had more partners at a time than you have now?
I have been married to D my husband for 11yrs. We live together and have 3 human kids, 3 dogs, a cat, and a fish. D is mono but is the one who put two and two together and figured out that I am poly and has given me the freedom to have other partners. He is kinky and cuckold life style appeals to him. My bf is M... we have been seeing each other for 2 months. Things are developing into a deeper romantic relationship from a more sexual one. After the initial getting used to the idea of my situation he is relaxing and enjoying things. He was worried at first that he would come second. But neither D or M come second to anyone. I balance both pretty well especially since they are very different men. Both men know of each other but have no contact.
4) Do you have an "ideal" poly configuration? If so, what is it? If not, why not (haven't figured it out yet, don't believe in "ideal configurations", etc.)?
I like my vee. I keep my relationships separate but equal
5) Are you out about the role of poly in your life all of the time, some of the time, or none of the time? If some of the time, when? Are you satisfied with your level of outness?
I am in the closet... except with very close friends. It is hard. I wish I could be more out.
6) Do you think that some ways of having relationships are inherently better or worse than others (poly vs mono, heirarchical poly vs egalitarian poly, etc)? If so, why?
I don't feel any type of relationship is better than another. As long as it is working for the parties involved then it is a perfect relationship
7) What are the best things about poly to you? What are the worst things?
I enjoy the love of two very different men. The worse thing is having to hide my relationship with M from coworkers and close minded family. He makes me just as happy as D.
8) Could you ever see yourself being happily monogamous?
My marriage was monogamous for over 9 years. I was missing something the last 5. My husband is an awesome man but unfortunately can not be everything I need. I don't think any one man can be. Hence why I flitted from one relationship to another in my dating life before D.
9) Would you recommend poly to others who may not have considered it? How about to your kids if you have any now or ever end up having any?
Depends on the person. It can be a hard road to travel.