Thread: space and time
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
Afaik, the idea about polyamory is that you can have an loving relationship to several people. The relationship to my husband is not romantic any more, nor sexual. But apart from the kids he is the most important person in my life. Even if I 'add' another one (and I tested this last year), his position might move slightly, but he still belongs to the important persons in my life. I don't know whether 'broken' is the right term.
We've been together for 13 years. Even with a large portion NRE, these years and our deep (platonic) connection will not disappear immediately, I think and hope.
His actions say he thinks the relationship is intact. His mouth might say, "Yeah, we're platonic now", but the restrictions placed on you scream "...and I don't want that!"

So in this case, if you want to have a loving relationship with more than him, in your home, without ferrying the kids back and forth, you're in for some serious counseling and discussing. Not that kids automatically do worse living out of two homes... but it's better if the parents are amicable enough to help them through that.

Refuge in Audacity { home of the post-raph stunner }