View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
If you don't have time to go to a social meeting to make friends (and perhaps find potential partners), how will you have time to date potential partners?
I think that this is a major part of this. Thank you, NR, for saying it so succinctly. It really doesn't matter how much competition there is out there, or how many available people there are - if you have absolutely no time to get out and meet them, then this is what will ultimately stop you from meeting someone. Or do you really want an online-only relationship? I am guessing not.

In your first post, you asked for Wisdom and advice, so this wasn't just a rant. Folks are providing that for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
Personally? I've always done better making friends and then realizing I'd like to date them, than I have 'meeting dates.'
This too - there's way too much pressure on the "straight to dating" thing, which is why I think OKC can be major stress.

I strongly suggesting signing up a more local group, and seeing if there are more local folks who would like to get together, maybe with the kids.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb