View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Default From Utah

Hi all,
I am from Utah and new to the forum. I am married to a wonderful woman who has recently fallen in love with a polyamorous man. I was married before and my first wife and I were swingers. In fact my first wife left me for someone we met while swinging. Obviously my past experiences make me feel very insecure with our current situation. I love my wife and I have no doubt that she wants to be with me for the rest of our lives. I want her to be happy and experience everything she wants out of life, but sometimes the ghosts of my past make it hard for me to accept the fact that she loves someone else. When I got divorced I thought I would never get involved in the swinging lifestyle again. I know polyamory is different than swinging, but it still involves sharing my wife's love with someone else, something I thought I'd never do again. I am open-minded and willing to do anything for my wife, so here I am confronting the ghosts of my past with varying levels of success. When I listen to my heart I am okay with it, when I listen to the paranoid voices in my head I'm afraid of losing my wife. Other than my wife I don't really have anyone to talk to about her polyamorous feelings, so I guess I'm here to find people I can talk to about the polyamorous lifestyle. I don't know if I am poly our not, but I guess I'm open to the possibility. Either way I'm glad I found this site, I think it will help me. Thanks!