View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
I've heard this before. I've also read that when we're looking for a mate we're attracted to someone whose immune system is vastly different from our own. So that when we're talking about pheromones we're actually talking about the smell of someone else's immune system. We want to mate with people whose immune systems are very different because then our offspring is likely to be immune to more diseases. When women are pregnant or not looking for someone to mate with they're more attracted to a person with a similar immune system because it smells like family to them (because we all have similar immune systems to our family); it's comforting, it's safe. Women are supposed to be better at smelling immune systems than men.
Interesting, that seems to sort of retool the bad boy vs. nice guy dichotomy. Which, I guess, is the female`s own version of the virgin-whore complex.

And, to my mind, it certainly blows the women are less interested in male physical beauty or casual sex out of water.

I know that, personally, because now that I have had a significant amount of sexual experience and am able to look back; I realize what being short did to my ability to have casual sex with women. Yet, women have constantly tried to commit to me, in spite of my protestations.

Last edited by feelyunicorn; 06-15-2012 at 06:53 PM.