Thread: Cuddle Parties?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
So since I think everyone that has posted here has said that they wouldn't do it, why do you think that it is such a common part of these conferences? How is this connected to polyamory?
I imagine they're common at conferences because there are folks who attend the conferences who enjoy them. Not everything at any conference is going to appeal to everybody, and cuddle parties are no different.

As for the folks posting here, those most likely to respond are those who have a strong negative reaction. Most folks likely won't care strong enough either way to respond.

I don't attend poly conventions, so I don't really care. On the larger topic of cuddle parties, I enjoy them--with or without strangers. I don't expect I'll ever pay to attend one, unless it's a couple of bucks to help cover space rent at a social gathering; paying for facilitators and such doesn't interest me.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.