View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 AM

Thank you all for replying. I think I needed to hear what you are saying.

I don't have any worries about him becoming financially dependent on me as that is a deal breaker for me and I am currently in a financial agreement with my best friend/roommate that keeps me from meshing finances with others (no worries there we've been living together for 3 years and been best friends for 9). I've also made it clear that I do not want to live with a partner at this point in time and that I would have to date someone for a long time before even considering living together because of prior experiences with people I was close too.

Still there is a chance that is what he is after though, if so it would be a prompt end to any sort of relationship.

From what he's told me, he initially moved to the area for a job, met his girlfriend at this job and started dating, then a while later he was laid off so moved in with her and eventually found a new job but it pretty much underemployed and still seeking a better job. He's kind of a shy person and has only lived in the area for a little over a year so doesn't have many friends and none that are very close.

I think the truth is that it's too early for me to tell anything really and I'm just sort of getting a head of myself. I think I need to slow down and get more information. He doesn't seem to be trying to keep me from meeting his girlfriend at all, in fact he has already invited me to meet her once but I was busy at the time. So I think I will get to know her as well and see where this leads but I'll be weary.

Thanks again everyone, sometimes it's hard to see things when you are caught up in new feelings.