View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
People who put others on pedestals tend to have poor self-esteem themselves. I see hints of that in your posts.
I have very poor self-esteem.

Quote:
Also pedestal creators tend to have an unrealistic view of their beloved. I am concerned that you may not really see your love interest in all her complexity and fullness, faults, awesomeness but rather your ideal of her.
I do have her on a pedestal. I always have. And I used to see only my ideal of her. But that's no longer true. It took time but I eventually managed to break down the ideal to see the reality of her for all the beautiful aspects but also many many flaws. I have no illusions about who I'm dealing with anymore.

Quote:
Also you are attempting to build this relationship long distance without regular trips to see each other which just makes everything so much harder.
It is harder. But neither of us can justify moving cross country for this yet. We've only just begun. And I can only afford the one trip per year, and she can't afford it at all. Frankly, it sucks. But there's nothing more either of us can do about it.