Thread: Cuddle Parties?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
So since I think everyone that has posted here has said that they wouldn't do it, why do you think that it is such a common part of these conferences? How is this connected to polyamory?
Simple. Because Reid Mihalko, the founder of the organized Cuddle Party biz, is poly and shows up at these conventions to give lectures or whatever. I'm sure if he lets them include a Cuddle Party for no extra fee at the poly cons, it will bring him more attention and potential customers. He also touts himself as a sex educator/expert, even though his degree is in art, and sells DVDs about how to have poly relationships and holds retreats and seminars on relationships (see: http://reidaboutsex.com/sexual-self-...ice/polyamory/). So, he closely aligns himself with the organizers of poly conferences, and especially the sex-positive activist types... so - Voila! Cuddle Parties at every big poly event! Ugh. But I do believe many poly peeps are really into what he offers. It's like he's the poly/cuddle version of Tony Robbins. Both guys came out of Landmark (same thing as the Forum and EST).

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-08-2012 at 03:35 PM.