View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
I have very little respect or interest in people who have to learn everything the hard way. To me, that's just as stupid as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
I wonder why people post at all if they're not interested in feedback, and potentially learning from that feedback. Do they perceive this forum as place that will simply provide unqualified positive support once they decide that they are 'poly'? "I've joined the club, please love me"....

Quote:
I have also tried to explain, politely, to posters why I perceive their posts as creepy.
Creepy? Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a poster to do if their post is labeled as 'creepy' by you? Just because their behaviour/presentation style/situation is not in your comfort zone doesn't mean it's wrong, does it?

What does 'creepy' mean to you anyway? (but that might be off-topic. PM is fine)

Quote:
But there are posts that are so pathetic that I just want to tell them to grow the fuck up, develop a fucking backbone, figure out what you want - not what others want - and go make it happen. And then deal with the consequences without whining.
Since this thread is about style / tone in posting, I'd be interested to know if you're, ahem, this straightforward in your real life interactions. If so, and if it works, then maybe there is nothing wrong with reflecting this in your postings. In many ways it might be easier for people to get some 'tough love' from a stranger far away

- Tao Te Ching