View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
Now...after all was said and done MrS came up with a new request based on the realities of our situation. In essence, he would like to be informed if he is going to encounter sexual activity if he opens a door in the house (only the bedroom and bathrooms have doors), so he can be braced for it. Since we live in, essentially, a three room house - bedroom, living-room/den, library/dining-room - that means he would like to be informed if we are having sex. Dude sometimes rankles under this boundary, he sometimes views it as "asking permission" - I view it as "common courtesy"... we are working on it...
An update on MrS's "inform me first" boundary (discussed up-thread) -

He told us a few weeks ago that this was lifted. If he is sleeping or we are out of earshot then we don't need to "interrupt things" to keep him posted. He is confident in our ability to judge for ourselves when it would be polite to let him know if sexual activities were going to be going on in the next room and he is much more comfortable with the possibility of encountering us being intimate - he doesn't need to "brace himself" any longer. We did set up essentially a "sex bench" in the garage which allows a greater sound-buffer if MrS is sleeping.

Just an example of shifting boundaries as everyone adjusts to changing circumstances and comfort-levels continue to evolve.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe