View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
I went and read a little in your other thread and got confused on a couple things. How did he become the one if the sex was terrible from day one ? You having a high sex drive and his is non existent.
I fell in love with him before we had sex. We were friends for about six months and then one day, bam, I knew he was the guy I wanted to marry before we had even kissed. He has never bored me (except in bed). He is kind, funny, intelligent, and a wonderful, wonderful man. I love him more now than I did before we started this path. Everything else, literally everything else is wonderful. Why throw that away because the sex sucks?

Quote:
Now you think your poly .....maybe you just need a normal sex life....whatever normal is
I had poly relationships before (but didn't know that was what they were, I just lived my life). When I met my husband I was seeing two guys. Before my husband I had never stuck to a single person. I bought into the myth when I fell in love with my husband. I tried to be a different person. It didn't work. The bad sex with the husband and the poly complicate each other but are different issues. Even when I had a relationship with a man where we had amazing sex three times a day we still both had other relationships.

Quote:
Is it better to wade into very cold water or just jump. I vote jump. Sink or swim. live or die.
At some point it may come to that, but I'm not there yet. Like I said, my husband is the most important person in my life. For many years he was more important to me than me. Now I'm learning that we can only be a happy couple if I'm the most important person in my life. If I need to be loved and have other sexual experiences in order to be happy then it is important for me that my husband and I try to work through that together.

Quote:
Do you have kids?
No children, no intention of having any either.