On ABC’s 20/20, eight adults and three kids face down an incredulous anchor and show millions what a happy poly network of families can look like. Gay triads stir heated reactions. Poly-friendly psychology professionals stage a breakthrough. Atlanta Poly Weekend. Poly Party Weekend. And do radicals take to poly especially well?
If you haven’t been keeping up with POLYAMORY IN THE NEWS (http://polyinthemedia.blogspot.com/
) in the last couple months, here’s some of what you missed:
● Video, text, backstory, and participant reactions following the ABC 20/20 report. This is how good media is done:
● As a followup, lots more on raising children in a poly home:
● Group marriage and the future of the family. Deborah Anapol sees a bright future for this poly model, though not soon:
● Atlanta Poly Weekend: my report. Exciting times at this up-and-coming poly con. What it’s like to go to these things:
● “Love Without Boundaries: A Revolutionary Relationship.” Do radicals really adapt to poly life better than average? A long, happy article on the writer's amazing life, how she came to it, and what she thinks it means:
● “Open Relationships: The People Making It Work,” in one of the world’s leading newspapers:
● In Australia, the Murdoch media go on a slippery slope crusade...
● ...and an Ozzie poly spokeswoman picks up the flag for our side:
● R. Crumb and Aline on their open marriage, at the opening night of a museum exhibition of his comix:
● Gay male triads stir heated reactions inside the gay community. (We’re here, we’re poly, get used to it):
● A lesbian triad come out in print, and tell why they think their family-formation model works:
● “Poly-Baiting: Why We Need a More Inclusive LGBT Movement”:
● Poly researchers and therapists finally get to schedule a session at the American Psychiatric Association convention, and even though it was given a late slot on the last day in an out-of-the-way room, it drew a standing-room-only crowd nearly three times the size the room was intended for:
● “Three Partners, One Family,” treated well in the church magazine of Canada’s largest Protestant denomination:
● And finally, taking a broad view of current developments, “From Monogamish to Relationship Anarchy: a Widening Poly Spectrum”:
● And oh yes, Poly Party Weekend is coming up June 15–17. Post your event!
Here's the site:
Friend it on Facebook: Alan Polyinthemedia,
I've done 631 of these reports in the last seven years, covering more than 1,000 items in news media of all kinds. They’re sortable by topic, date, and sometimes location and language. I hope you have as much fun browsing these items as I do collecting them!
P.S.: See my ALAN’S LIST of POLYAMORY EVENTS for the coming year. Sixteen national and regional events are currently listed:
How to find your LOCAL POLY GROUPS worldwide:
If you have a website, could you link to Polyamory in the News?
Have a happy summer!