View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusesandRoses View Post

But don't get your hopes up, and do be honest with them. Remember, five years from now, most of us will have to strain to remember what our current partners look like, so don't put too much stock in the situation. (In anticipation of reactions to this statement, I've already put on a flame retardant suit.) On the other hand, I think situations like this are opportunities to build real intimacy; if not with this couple, then you can take the experience and do it with others.
To be honest I myself have huge issues with intimacy and tend to be really closed when the situation is about exposing my fears or fragilities.
For example: One day the guy of the couple told me he really likes me. Did I say something back? Nope! I totally freezed... A few seconds later I regreted not saying somethin but arght! That's just me. (like I said, most of the time I feel like a 13 year old)

But I've been trying to slowly work on that. You are totally right about this being a oportunity to gather experience... I've already learned so much about myself and what I want. Even if this end with me heart-broken I don't think I'll regret it.

Thanks everyone for the advices and suport! You are great!