Thread: Quad Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Default In a quad relationship

Coming really late into this discussion, but discovered via a quick search here that this is one of the few threads that touches on poly quads.

I am currently in a quad relationship myself: we are two married male/female couples who met through an online poly dating service.

I first contacted my new partner there and she and I began dating. Just by chance, her husband contacted my wife on the same service and it quickly became apparent that we were all connected to each other's spouses. Quite the coincidence, really!

We have been dating each other now for three months and things are going fantastically. We have kept everything above-board by communicating frequently with each other and we even have "Quad meetings" where we get together to discuss any issues that may arise. Works like a charm and is a fun activity for the four of us.

My wife and I have been actively poly since 1996, but never have had much luck in finding and maintaining significant poly relationships for a number of reasons.

The idea of a quad relationship has always been the most appealing to us both, but the problems of getting four people together who all like each other, are attracted to each other, and who can work together well are admittedly, pretty complex and chancy.

We feel extremely lucky to have met another couple with whom we instantly clicked and where everything just seems to have fallen into place. A good calendar system and cell phones are essential to good quad living, I can tell you!

I/we would love to hear from others out there who are in successful quad relationships. I am here to tell you that quad relationships can happen and are very satisfying indeed.

Much luck, love, and happiness to all.

"C" (member of Quad206)