View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignea View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to imply people would be bother by trans issues...It's just that english is not my native language, obviously, so I keep stumbling on what is appropriate (like, what words) and what is not in wich context.
So, if I make some mistake or offend anyone, or make someone uneasy, please tell me...

Also, I'm 23, like I said in my original post.
Oh, duh. Pardon me. Mornings are not my time. I speak no Portugese, so I won't be critical. :P I thought maybe a partner was trans, which does change things.

It doesn't offend me, but I was struggling to understand your unique situation. I think I may grasp it a little better now. (Maybe. Or maybe I'm delusional.)

You say this is the first time you've been in love - Have you dated much outside this relationship? In my experience, the best way to be good at a relationship is lots and lots of practice at being in relationships. Are you dating other people right now?

If you don't want to see others, that's okay. It makes me a little uncomfortable for you these people have already said they're not available emotionally and you're getting attached, but people can and do change their minds.

But don't get your hopes up, and do be honest with them. Remember, five years from now, most of us will have to strain to remember what our current partners look like, so don't put too much stock in the situation. (In anticipation of reactions to this statement, I've already put on a flame retardant suit.) On the other hand, I think situations like this are opportunities to build real intimacy; if not with this couple, then you can take the experience and do it with others.