View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 AM

Default A first, careful résumé

Here we are, end of the week, new week beginning, everything's levelly. I have no idea what has been going on behind the curtain next door, but my mother talked to me quite naturally for roughly half an hour yesterday. It was quite a sight to see her in her chair in the garden, staying in the shadows, exposing her nearly hairless head for it to get a bit tanned. It suits her. I was quite surprised, but her face doesn't look weird after the hair is gone. A bit pale, but OK. It makes her vulnerable in a way. I am not totally satisfied with the situation, but it's OK as long as it works out like that. Of course, I have been curious if my father may have said something to her, but as promised, I skipped the poly-topic.

In regard to our current situation, we are doing fine. Except for the commotion with my mother, everything worked out all right. The situation with the girl and the co-worker is still unsolved, but Sward isn't constantly thinking about it any longer. He felt a great deal of responsibility and I am glad that he starts to distant himself from this. There was nothing he could have done; how could one possibly know or guess that something like that would happen? He starts to come around again.

Lin was really disappointed and frustrated by the reaction of my mother. He really liked her and couldn't believe his ears when she flipped like that. But when I said, that it was acceptable to handle things this way and that I will talk to her about the other comments later, it was OK for him as well. He is such a pragmatic and practical person. I know that if something angered me this much, I would have held personal resentment against this person. He can just leave it be. But I guess the disappointment will remind in the back of his head for now.

On a personal note: I finally managed to lose some weight. Four kilos are already gone. For me to be absolutely happy again, I want to lose at least 10 kilos, even better would be 20. But as I picked up my sport again (I neglected the workout when things got hectic around the wedding), I don't think that I will lose this much weight while building some muscles. We will see, I know how the shape should look like

I am not so happy with my plan to have some kind of a weekly date with Sward. Lin was the one picking up on my idea and informing Sward that Sunday would be 'our day'. Meaning that Lin wanted to get lost in his room or next door (brother-in-law and sister) to give us some time and space. But when the day arrived, we went to the gym and did some things on our own later on. We weren't in the mood to cuddle up on the sofa and watch a film. Maybe we will manage to do so today. I need a way to get used to scheduled quality time as it seems and Sward needs to as well.

My Blog