View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
To be fair, the OP on that thread faced an overwhelmingly negative response, from many posters, of which NYC was only one. And, in fact, that same OP came back to the thread and apologized for what she called her "small tantrum". NYC then asked her some further questions, to which she responded.
Thank you. And although the OP did not like how we were perceiving her situation, she was conversing with me, km34, andSNeacail without expressing an objection to how we were expressing ourselves. She didn't like what we were saying but didn't have a problem with us saying it until other people chimed in to protest. In fact, I quite appreciated her willingness to "hear" us before that point, and we all would have gotten more information and gained more from the conversation if there were less posts reprimanding people for how they communicated. Many times people have a distinct reaction in the beginning of a thread and turn it around completely by the end of it, given the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
So let's discuss the ideas, rather than the validity of any one individual's advice-giving. I do think, for the record, that while personal experience is important, reading many many people's stories and sifting out the lessons can also give you important perspective.
Thanks for this. I will stop being defensive. I guess I just feel misunderstood and I'm under a huge amount of stress. But really, this forum is a distraction for me right now so I don't go and jump off a bridge or something. I wish I were kidding.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 05-26-2012 at 05:41 PM.