View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I had a friend once tell me that all men cheat, it's in their genes. She just never wanted to find out about it.
Yay for gender-based stereotyping!

Unlike a lot of people in this topic I don't ever deal in moral absolutes. I don't cheat myself, but I don't really care if someone else cheats or not. I make my decisions based on the person and how I feel about them, their situation, risk/reward to myself and nature of the relationship.

It's not my place to tell someone how to run their lives (not that anyone else here is necessarily doing that) so all I do is assess what they're offering against what I want, and if those two things match-up, the existence of an unaware partner wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

That's not to say that I WOULD be with someone cheating either, just recently I've been very interested in a married woman whose marriage is at an end, and although I'm interested in her, I had to pull away because I didn't want to end up inducing her to cheat, not because she had a husband, but because she's a good friend and if I do get into a relationship with her, I want it to have the best shot at succeeding, which I believe in this case is waiting. That's what I mean about dealing with it on a case by case basis.