View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samines View Post
I know! And I'm glad I've taken the time to think through it.

But...

Out of the blue. It's not like we've been talking about any of this, and I have no clue what's going on in A or E's heads right now of course, but I thought we were flirting, it was so obvious, almost impossible to ignore, and suddenly it's... quite... not. Huh???
Could this be where they realized that they are in a different place in life than you are, realized they could possibly be sending you signals they didn't want to send you, and backed off?

I'm a flirtatious person. Naturally. I flirt with almost everyone, regardless of relationship status, age (okay, too young and I don't), gender, sex, orientation, etc. I flirt. The only times that I reel it in are when 1) I know the person or that person's SO(s) would be upset or made uncomfortable by it, 2) I see my flirting causing any real interest when I know I have none, 3) it would affect the professional standing of myself or the person with whom I'm interacting, and then there are probably a couple of other situations, but you get the drift. It has to be obvious that it is inappropriate to get me to stop flirting.

Just an idea.

Also, I found it really funny when you said you're usually not interested in 30-somethings on OKC, but in real life you are. I am kind of like that with people in their upper 30s and 40-somethings. lol (I'm 23, by the way, to give you an idea of the age difference for me vs. you as an 18 year old )