View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoday View Post
Yes, I got that when I went back and reread the post. I missed two words "New Couple" at the end of a rambling paragraph. Thanks.
Yeah, I tend to ramble... lol

Quote:
I still don't agree that someone who is 18 needs to be involved in the potential drama of 30-something's that teach at the school she attends.

Nobody wins if that goes south.
I think it sounds worse than it is. We assume that any 30-something that's willing to date an 18-year-old is... not the best person to begin with.

This could be a healthy relationship, that goes where it will, and even if it ends in the near future- if we're handling problems the way we should in a relationship, it doesn't have to affect anything extra just because of the age gap or being at the school. The idea is that we could actually "handle it like grown-ups"...

Quote:
I'm with you there km34. I purposely separated myself from it too in high school, university and throughout my adult life. Seeking it and expecting it is asking for trouble.
Again, just to clarify- I'm not actually surrounded by drama. In fact, the social-taboo of this is really just a "large-ish inconvenience", it's all the stuff that's going through my mind that's chaotic.
Maybe drama isn't the word I should be using for it?

Quote:
I am not so quick to offer congrats to her on being poly. Is it really a realization at 18 that you are ploy? Isn't it more a function of being young and exploring what the world has to offer you? When I was 18, I dated multiple people too, but not because I was poly, it was just what we did when we were young. I now consider myself to be predominantly mono.
Actually, it was a realization at 15 that I am poly.
I know for some people there's that questioning, experimenting time... but I think that although poly can be a lifestyle choice, for a lot (most?) people it's a sort of natural orientation. Some kids know they're gay at 5, or the wrong gender by 6... why would it be so far-fetched to think I've found my groove by 18?

When I was 12-13 I was falling in love, for the first time, with a woman, and pretty soon with her husband... I didn't understand it, but I loved them, and trusted them, and rightly judged that they would not take advantage of me... and I accepted that on some level, it was natural for me. I have been attracted to singletons, and I'm sure I will in the future. But my happily-ever-after involves more than one love.

Quote:
I just think that she could do better and have much more fun in the meantime.
Now, why would dating a single person my own age be more fun than dating *two* people I already like? You "normal" people make no sense sometimes...
Single.
Omnisexual. (I am attracted to males, females, and any variation/in-between/lack thereof, but I am not "gender blind" which most pansexuals describe themselves as.)
Polyamorous.
Overuses smiley faces.

Me on OKcupid: https://okcupid.com/profile/hmdboots
Me on fetlife: https://fetlife.com/users/2037963
(send me a message before sending a friend request)