View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneintherain View Post
Well to make it simple - I'd probably just email or ask them in person if they are polyamorous or in an open relationship, and if they said yes, I'd ask if one or both of them would be interested in dating me (or ask if either of them would like to go out with me). As you may find out the answer is yes or no, or only one of them is interested in you if they are poly, you won't really know your options until somebody sucks it up and says something.

I'm not big on mysteries or wondering about things, it makes too much work for my mind. I'd say life is too short to beat around the bush but I guess at your age you have plenty of time to do that if you want I just imagine knowing is better than not knowing!
I'm working on building up the courage to just ask them, but like I told opalescent- it seems like they have more at stake, what with the A-being-a-teacher... I guess I'm waiting for some sort of a sign from them, even if I do have to "make the first move".

It's taking a bit of effort to sort out the "I'm scared of rejection, I don't want to put myself out there" (which I'm actively fighting) from the "I'm good friends with these people, I don't want to make it awkward" (which I'm gonna have to get over) from the "This guy could get in trouble, I don't want to put him in that position" (which is a valid concern)... *sigh*

Quote:
And there are a lot of tags on this forum marked *triads* which you should read if you haven't - and I've never been in one but from my inexperienced opinion I still think the advice to go slow is good, as the dynamic is so different from one on one dating.
Thank you, I'll look for some.

I don't have all that much experience with one-on-one dating, either...

Yeah, "go slow" is always good advice, and something I tend to be pretty stuck to (in the past it's taken me an average of 3-4 years from meeting someone and immediately liking them to the point where I make a move...) but I'm afraid that this time, I'm so afraid of letting this pass me by that I might be tempted to take it too fast.

And at the same time, it's going so fast! It hasn't even started and I'm already feeling overwhelmed. I've not been in a serious relationship! I'm feeling around in the dark here. Honestly, I just want it to start if it's going to, so that I can talk to them about all the swirly lovey-but-clueless thoughts I'm dealing with...
Single.
Omnisexual. (I am attracted to males, females, and any variation/in-between/lack thereof, but I am not "gender blind" which most pansexuals describe themselves as.)
Polyamorous.
Overuses smiley faces.

Me on OKcupid: https://okcupid.com/profile/hmdboots
Me on fetlife: https://fetlife.com/users/2037963
(send me a message before sending a friend request)